Serves: 4 servings
- 2 medium zucchini
- ½ cup all purpose flour (optional)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and Italian seasoning in a small bowl.
- Cut off the ends of the zucchini. Cut the zucchini in half and then cut into ½-inch wide stripes or wedges.
- Coat the zucchini with flour, if desired. This step is optional.
- Dip the zucchini strips into the beaten egg and shake off excess.
- Dredge zucchini in the bread crumb mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat for all zucchini fries. Spray the top of the zucchini with cooking spray.
- Bake zucchini fries for 22 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Turn over halfway through.