yield: SERVES 4
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
4 ingredient super simple maple vanilla baked pears that are cooked until warm and soft, completely infused with maple and vanilla, and topped with crunchy granola.
- 4 pears
- 1/2 cup (120ml) pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- optional toppings: maple pecan granola, Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). I don't line my baking sheet when I make these, but you absolutely can with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Cut pears in half, then cut a small sliver off the underside so the pears sit flat when placed upright on the baking sheet. See video above for visual. Using a large or medium cookie scoop or melon baller (or even a teaspoon), core out the seeds. Arrange pears, facing up, on the baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon-- feel free to add more cinnamon if you'd like.
- Whisk the maple syrup and vanilla extract together in a small bowl. Drizzle most of it all over the pears, reserving about 2 Tablespoons for after the pears are finished baking.
- Bake pears for about 25 minutes until soft and lightly browned on the edges. Remove from the oven and immediately drizzle with remaining maple syrup mixture. Serve warm with granola and yogurt. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Make ahead tip: Pears are best baked right before they are served, but you could bake them completely and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Then, warm back up in the oven for 10 minutes and top with remaining maple syrup mixture, granola, and yogurt right before serving.