Southern Fried Corn makes a simple, classic southern side dish. Made of corn, milk, butter, and bacon, this fried corn recipe is one you'll love.
- 4 strips bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 ears corn, cleaned
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Fry bacon pieces until browned.
- Cut corn off of ears into the frying pan.
- Scrape milk from corn cob into the frying pan.
- Add in all ingredients except butter.
- Cook over low to medium heat, stirring often for about 20 minutes.
- Add in butter and cook another minute.
- Serve warm.