If you're getting ready to carve pumpkins be sure to save those pumpkin seeds for Toasted Pumpkin Seeds. With a few seasonings and a visit to the oven, you can have a tasty and healthy snack at your fingertips.
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, rinsed and dry
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- ½ ounce olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients until seed are coated well.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet and bake until toasted and slightly browned, about 15-20 minutes, tossing halfway through. Watch carefully to avoid burning as all ovens vary on cook times. Remove from oven, and let cool before serving.