- Serves 4 to 6
- 8 fresh figs
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- 4 tablespoons honey or agave nectar, plus more to taste
- 4 tablespoons mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1. Using a sharp knife, split each fig down the middle from the top (tapered stem end) to the bottom (plump broad end), but without cutting all the way through the fig (stop about 1/4 inch from the bottom of the fig).
- 2. Using the tip of a teaspoon, fill the split center of each fig with a generous dollop of ricotta.
- 3. Scatter the pistachios in a shallow bowl or on a small plate. Drizzle the honey on a small plate. Gently grasp each fig without squeezing it and dip its bottom first in the honey, then in the pistachios. Arrange the figs on a large plate or serving platter. Drizzle the figs with additional honey to taste and sprinkle with the fresh mint. Serve as soon as you can (as if you could resist doing anything else).